Baked fries are one of my guilty pleasures. I love french fries period, but I’m honestly afraid (yes, afraid!) of using the deep fryer. I’ve been splattered one too many times with hot oil and seen one too many grease fires. So baking just is safer to me…
So I make baked fries fairly often. And it’s a good thing, because they’re easy and tasty. My husband often puts in a request for them too! So I know I’m doing something right 😉
Baked Fries Recipe
- Potatoes (I use plain old Idaho potatoes)
- Salt & Pepper
- Onion or Garlic Powder (your choice!)
- Oil or Pam
- Wash then slice potatoes. You can leave the skin on!
- Toss potato slices in oil then spread on cookie sheet
- Sprinkle slices with salt, pepper and desired spices
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes. Times may vary by oven, so keep a watch on them for desired crispyness.
- Halfway through baking, you can remove and flip, or you can just leave them in.
That’s it! In about an hour you’ll have a heap of crispy baked french fries. Much better for you than deep fried greasy fries and pretty gosh darn tasty too!