Okay guys… I’ve been holding out on you… I’m so sorry….
I’ve put off sharing this recipe with you for awhile, because…. well frankly, they are so gooey and fudgy that I didn’t like taking pictures to share. Well, here I am, letting the secret out on my fudgy cake mix brownies.
You can make brownies with cake mix. Why would I even try to figure that out? Well, with my couponing, cake mixes are something I often get for free or for pennies on the dollar. So it’s fun to be creative and find new ways to use a box. It’s especially fun when they turn out this delicious.
See that fudgy-ness? Oh my, it’s super rich!
You’ll want a glass of milk on the side. Trust me. Chocolate is always better with milk anyways.
Cake Mix Brownies Recipe
- 1 Box Cake Mix
- 1/4 C Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 C Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Bag Chocolate Chips
- Spray On Cooking Oil Like Pam
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil an 8×8 pan.
- Mix all ingredients with a strong spoon. It will be thick and very un cake like. So trust me, you’ll need a strong spoon!
- Smooth out batter into pan. Again, strong spoon! It doesn’t have to be perfectly flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. I like to cool mine in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and serve with milk. Don’t cut until it’s cooled off!