There are hundreds of thousands of kitchen gadgets on the market today. There are stores devoted to just kitchen gadgets. Most homes have junk drawers especially for choppers, egg slicers, apple corers, and more. It’s easy to just spend more money to have more things, but there are some kitchen gadgets that save money.
And anything that saves me money is worth at least a second look.
Here’s my list of kitchen gadgets that save money:
- Bread machine – not only does it smell fantastic to have the aroma of fresh bread wafting through the house, but bread machines can help save money by having fresh bread ready when you want it. I like to use it to make pizza dough.
- Crock Pot – these guys save on utilities. They don’t heat up the whole house in order to cook a roast, and they can be a one dish dinner for easy clean up. Use one to make soups, pot roast, stews or even pasta.
- Pressure Cooker – my pressure cooker has been a God send. Especially when we moved and were without a stove for awhile. I use mine to make perfect spaghetti and rice, but you can cook just about anything in it. It cuts down on preparation time and so long as you follow the directions, everything comes smoothly out of the pain. I’ve never burned a thing!
- Food Processor – use it to make salsa, prepare soups, blend ingredients or even smoothies. It quickly gets food to the right consistency.
- Toaster Oven – don’t worry about heating up the oven to cook a small dish. You can use a toaster oven to make personal sized pizzas, cakes, and more
What are your favorite kitchen gadgets? How do they help you save money?