Aldi is one of my favorite stores. Mostly because they make it stupid easy to cook on a budget. It’s my number one stop for canned goods and fresh product.
I’m dead serious. Their deals cannot be beat.
One of my favorite Aldi sourced recipes is Crock Pot Chili. Why? Well, not only is it simple, but it also covers us for several meals!
Just one big pot of chili will cover several chili nights. We’ll have Cincinnati Style Chili, Chili Cheese Burgers, Chili Mac, Chili Dogs and just straight up chili. That many meals out of one big effort is huge!
Crock Pot Chili
- Tomato Paste
- Light Red Kidney Beans
- Chili Beans
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Sugar (I like my chili a little sweet… you can skip it though)
- Salt & Pepper
- Meat (I use the frozen ground turkey from Adli, it’s only $2!)
- Add all ingredients to crock pot and set to low
- Cook the ground meat and add to crock pot
- Cook for 4 hours on low
Easy. Altogether, it costs me about $5-$7 to make the whole pot. BUT because we use it for several meals, it’s totally frugal!