Target is one of my favorite stores. I can browse the housewares department for hours. Really, I could!
Shopping at Target can add up, especially if you buy everything in a particular line. Because I’m cheap, I like to stretch every dollar. I’ve rounded up a great list of ways to save more money at Target. I hope it helps you score some fabulous deals!
- Use Target coupons. These can be stacked with manufacturer coupons and Cartwheel offers! There are often coupons available for items that wouldn’t normally have coupons too.
- Sign up for text alerts. Target will often send out text only offers. A few weeks ago they sent me a free coke. How nice is that?!
- Use Cartwheel. It’s a Target app for coupons and special apps. You can use Cartwheel offers with Target coupons AND manufacturer couopns.
- Shop the end caps. Target moves their clearance items to the end caps of rows. You can clearance in every department.
- Check your receipt for coupons.
- Use coupons on trial size items. Make sure the coupon doesn’t have size restrictions and you’ll be able to get a ton of stuff for free.
- Shop Holiday clearance. Target marks down their holiday clearance in increments. The day after the holiday it will be 50% off, three days after it will be 75% off and the week after it will be 90% off.
- Buy discounted gift cards. Sites like Gift Card Granny & eBay sell gift cards that will save you about 3% or more off face value.
- Price Match. Target has a great price match policy. You can read it and print a copy here.
- Get a Target Red Card. You’ll save 5% off your order plus get free shipping when you purchase online.
- Take advantage of the clearance schedule. Inventory starts at 15% off, then goes to 30%, 50%, 75% and sometimes even 90% off!Each day of the week the Target Employees go through different areas of the store and check for markdowns. Monday: Baby, Kids Clothing, Stationary Items, Accessories, and Electronics. Tuesday: Domestics, Food & Grocery, Women’s Clothing and Pet Care. Wednesday: Toys, Men’s Clothing, HBA, and Lawn &Garden. Thursday: Housewares, Shoes, Lingerie, Sporting Goods, Music, Movies, Books, Decor and Luggage. Friday: Auto Cosmetics, Hardware and Jewelry. **If the price ends in $0.06 or $0.08, the item will be marked down again. If the price ends in $0.04 it is marked for final clearance**
- Keep an eye our for free gift card deals. There are often things on sale that will have something like “buy 3 and get a free $x gift card.” These promotions are super great if you have manufacturer coupons to use, but even better if there are Target coupons and Cartwheel offers to stack.
- Use a reusable bag instead and save $.05 for each bag.
- Item on sale but out of stock? You can request a rain check!
- Target donates brand new items to Goodwill! You can get great deals on Target brand items at Goodwill, but you won’t be able to use coupons 🙁
- Save money by not going into Target at all!
Mind blown, huh? Yep. I just taught you how to save a ton of money at Target. Feel free to share this with all your friends.