I love blogging. If you know me, you know that. I also love being cheap. Marketing is just as important to blogging as couponing is to keeping me under budget. What’s really cool is that as valuable as marketing is, one can do it on the cheap.
One such way of marketing your blog and promoting blog growth is by joining Facebook groups.
Why the need for groups? Well, there’s the whole networking with other like minded bloggers, connecting with brands, discovering new opportunities, learning from each other but then there’s also… blog growth.
Newsflash: there are groups designed to help you grow your blog.
This is one of my big secrets. But you all know I can’t keep a secret 😉 So here I am spilling the beans…
I’ve put together a lovely little list of my favorite Facebook groups to help promote blog growth. A couple tips before you start joining them all willy nilly:
- Put your blog name in your about me page. I’ve actually put in my job descriptions that my current position is blogger. You can see it here. Not only does it make people take your blogging a little bit more seriously, but it also allows group admins to check out your blog before approving you. Some groups are very selective, so put your blog there so they know you are legit!
- Offer insight or help. Be knowledgeable but not overbearing. I’ve seen some bloggers in groups I’m in be a bit pushy with their suggestions… this won’t win anyone over or build your network. Be kind. Do I really need to say it?
- Participate regularly. Even if you only have one day per week to really participate in groups, do it. It’s better than none.
- Make sure all of your social networks are set up. Most of the groups I’ll be sharing with you have participation threads where you will share a post from one of your networks. If you don’t have things properly set up and active, you can’t really share now can you?
- Finish the tasks and follow the rules. I’m providing a brief description of each group. But please make sure you read through the rules in the group itself and follow them. No one likes being banned for breaking a simple rule like sharing on the wrong day. It’s easy to follow the rules once you’ve read them too 😉
Are you ready for my top secret list of Facebook groups for bloggers to promote blog growth? Well…. here goes!
- Creative Entrepreneurs By Marketing Creativity – This group is for creative types. They have quite a few artists and Etsy bloggers. There is a once per day interaction thread and no off topic posting.
- Blogging To Success – Open to all bloggers. Once daily interaction threads ranging from commenting on each other’s posts, retweeting, Instagram likes, Pinterest pins and Google+ likes.
- Blah Blah Bloggie Giveaways – Free to promote your blog giveaways
- Blogging Boost – “The place for bloggers to connect and grow.” This is a lovely community where you can ask other bloggers for help. Not so much about promotion as it about gleaning knowledge which will in turn help grown your blog.
- Awesome Bloggers – Multiple interaction threads each day. Such as: Alexa rankings boost, Google+ shares, Twitter RTs, Blog Post Shares, and Facebook likes.
- Blogger Resources & Opps – Find networking opportunities like cohosting giveaways, sponsored posts and reviews.
- Retweet Retweet Retweet – have a tweet you want shared? This is the place. Multiple daily interaction threads to boost your tweets.
- Blog Mania – share your latest blog post once per day!
- The Savvy Bloggers – Daily blog comment threads and social media engagements. Also open forum to ask questions.
- Grow Your Blog – Daily blog comment threads, social media shares, follow for follow threads, and also weekly boosts for Bloglovin, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Stumbleupon, Youtube and Pinterest.
- Let Your Blog Shine – Daily comment and share threads for your latest blog posts.
- Fab Female Bloggers – you’ll need to be a girl 😉 This is a great group for feedback and discussion and also the occasional interaction thread.
- Blogging On Your Own Terms – One of my favorite haunts! Daniela is the group admin and is also a blogging coach. She occasionally offers a free blogging mini course in addition to her paid coaching. The group also has daily engagement threads as well as open discussion.
How to promote your blog for FREE w/ FB Groups #BloggersWanted #BloggersRequired ---> Click To Tweet
- Blogger Opps & Giveaways – Great for finding blog hops, linkies, giveaway opps and more to join. Also great for promoting your own of the above as well.
- Promote Your Website – Daily engagement threads to promote your blog posts, Instagram photos, Facebook posts etc.
- Social Media Network Group – Daily engagement threads like Alexa drops, click through threads, page rank boosts, and social follow for follows. This one is a bit more intense and will take up more of your time to do the tasks, but it can be worth it’s weight in gold.
- Bloggers United – Share your latest blog post daily and engage in discussion.
- Blog Life – Share your latest blog post daily.
- Blog Exchange – For the niche-less bloggers to share and collaborate.
- Blogger Community – Share your latest post once per day or start a follow for follow thread 😉
- Blogging Network – Share your latest posts or hop on an impromptu follow for follow.
- Authentic Bloggers – A place to be REAL. Daily interaction threads with real people that you can engage in conversation with. Truly one of the better groups!
- Blog Hops & Link Parties – Promote your latest linky or find new ones to join.
- Blog + Biz BFFs – Great place to ask help and to learn from each other.
- The Blogger Life – Daily comment and social media threads. Weekly link up thread, sponsorship/giveaway thread, blog themed frugal finds and general discussion.
- Non Parent Blog Promotion – Started out of the need for a place for non mom bloggers to promote. No mom bloggers allowed 🙂
- Blog Love – Daily engagement and interaction threads for Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
- Blogger2Business – The place to ask and answer questions about every aspect of blogging.
- Show Your Blog Love – Daily comment and interaction threads. Open forum for discussion. Shared resources. Blog opportunities.
- The Blog Loft – HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Big and active group for daily engagement threads. We’re talking over 100 bloggers on every single post! Love this group 🙂
- Blog Post Round Up Database – This is a fantastic resource! Get your relevant blog posts featured in round ups on other blogs or host your own round up.
- Bloggers2Brands – Daily engagement and interaction threads to boost your rankings.
- Bloggertunities – Join or host round ups, find sponsored opportunities, giveaway co host spots and more.
- Bloggers Get Social – Daily interaction threads for Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon and Pinterest.
- Pinterest Pin For Pin – Make sure you only share high quality and relevant pins in the weekly threads. Pin and finish threads on the weekends only.
- InspiredBN Promos – Promo requests, opportunities, link ups and more.
- Pinterest Promotions For Bloggers – Daily and weekly pin for pin threads. Make sure you have pin worthy image and you share in a relevant thread for the most impact 🙂
- Insta-Fabulous – Daily engagement threads for Instagram only.
- Blogger Opportunities – Keep a watch on this one. Lots of amazing opportunities pop up at random. And they go just as fast!
- Twitter Marketing Group – Daily retweet threads for Twitter boosting.
- Blogger Opportunities – different from the one previously mentioned but mostly different opportunities.
- Team Work – Blogging & Social Media – daily engagement threads for social media and blog comments.
This is a super extensive list, so don’t get in over your head by joining every single one 😉 If you have a lot of time to invest, choose 5 groups to focus on, if you have limited time, just go with 1 or 2 and invest as best you can. Trust me, it will be worth it!