I’d like to introduce to you to our guest writer. Meet Edna Thomson. She is a mother, DIY expert and a small cleaning business owner. She loves to make her own cleaning solutions and share them with her readers.
How to Make Your Own Kitchen Cleaners
Have you made up your mind to go green with your kitchen cleaners? These days it’s not difficult to make your own cleaning products, considering that you probably have most of the ingredients at the ready without even knowing it. Find out everything you need for your kitchen, from dishwasher detergents to all-purpose cleaners, in this post. Here are the recipes.
DIY All-purpose Cleaner 1
Let’s start by making an all-purpose cleaner. Here it goes.
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of dish soap
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Clean spray bottle
- FunnelPreparation:Take a clean spray bottle. Mix all ingredients from this recipe using a funnel. Shake well the bottle. Wait for a few minutes. Now, fill all the way with water and shake again. Let stand a few more minutes. If you want, add essential oils of your choosing. Your all-purpose cleaner is ready to use.
DIY All-purpose Cleaner 2
- 1 teaspoon of liquid castile soap
- ¼ teaspoon of washing soda
- 1 teaspoon of borax
- A few drops of essential oils of your choice
- 2 cups of water (warm)
- Clean spray bottlePreparation:Mix castile soap, washing soda and borax in a clean spray bottle using a funnel. Shake. Add warm water. Shake again. Add essential oils (optional). Use anywhere in the kitchen, on the sink, faucets, countertops, cabinets, etc.
DIY Dishwasher Detergent Recipe
- 1 part salt
- 1 part citric acid
- 2 parts washing soda
- 2 parts borax
- A few drops of essential oils (optional)
- Clean air-tight containerPreparation:Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Add essential oils if desired. Transfer the mixture into an air-tight container and store in cool, dry place. You need one tablespoon of the dishwasher detergent per load. For an extra boost, use white vinegar. Add a spoonful of vinegar into the rinse aid dispenser. A few notes: Whether this detergent will work for you or not depends on the temperature you wash the dishes at and how soft/hard your water is. If it doesn’t do the trick, you may want to try other DIY detergents.
DIY Stovetop and Sink Cleaner
Just use baking soda. Make a paste of baking soda by mixing the white powder with as much water as necessary to obtain a homogeneous mixture are advising you from SW18 DeluxeCleaners. Use warm water. Apply paste on sink or stovetop and let sit for a while. Scrub using a brush or sponge. Rinse with water and dry. This recipe is also good for cleaning ovens. Just let the paste sit overnight and get back to it in the morning. Wipe away all baking soda and rinse with water. Hint: you may want to use a spatula to get rid of the white mixture.
DIY Wood Floor Cleaner
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup of vinegar (white)
- Clean spray bottlePreparation:Mix the ingredients in a clean spray bottle using a funnel. Shake the bottle. Add essential oils of your choosing for fragrance. Shake. Use on your wood floors. Don’t forget to dry well.
DIY Hand Soap
- 5 drops of tea tree or peppermint essential oils¾ parts clean water
- ¼ part plain castile soap (or peppermint scented)
- Clean soap dispenserPreparation:Start by mixing water and castile soap into a bowl. Add the oils and stir well. Transfer the mixture into a soap dispenser. You are done. So that’s how you can make your own kitchen cleaners for next to nothing. Go green and enjoy a healthier living environment.