Carnegie Science Center perched on Pittsburgh’s North Shore is a wonderful destination for family fun in Pittsburgh. The location is perfect for river walk views and the exhibits are great for people of all ages.
A visit to the Science Center can get to be a bit expensive, so I wanted to share with you some tips. I’ve found a few Carnegie Science Center coupons and discounts to help you save money and get to enjoy a wonderful experience at one of the top science centers in the country.
At the time of this post, children 2 and under are free, children 3 to 12 are $11.95, seniors 65+ are $14.95 and adults 13+ are $18.95 for general admission. Which gets the submarine, the main building of exhibits, live shows, planetarium shows and Sports Works. Which is honestly a lot to see! So make sure you have enough time to see as much as possible.
Here are the Carnegie Science Center coupons and discounts that are available as of this post.
- College students receive $2 off admission with valid college ID. CMU & Chatham students are free with valid ID. And Duquesne honors college & environmental science college are free with ID as well, but ID must state one of those programs.
- Entertainment Guide occasionally has coupons for $2 off child with full price admission.
- Access Card holders (EBT) can get in for $3 per person. Up to 4 people per card. This also works for UPMC For You cardholders & Gateway Health.
- The last hour of the day, the Science Center will automatically do a last hour discount. The cost is only $3 per person. Just arrive a few minutes after 4 Sunday-Friday or a few minutes after 6 on Saturday, and they’ll honor the discount.
- Do just the submarine tour and it’s only $5
- OmniMax movie only is $8.50 adults, $6.50 seniors 65+ and $6.50 children 3-12.
- Laser Show only is $8 adults & $6 children
- Teachers get one free visit per year to use as a field trip planning day. You’ll have to request it ahead of time here.
- Veterans are half off admission, just for the veteran. So that’s $9.50 for adult veterans and $7.50 for senior veterans.
- Active duty military are half off admission for up to 4 people total. So that makes it $9.50 adults, $7.50 seniors & $6 children.
- Grown Up Days on Tuesdays allows seniors aged 65+ to get admission for $5 or an OmniMax movie for $5. Both for $10!
- Save your receipt and visit again for half price. Use it within 60 days of your visit.
- Free admission for ASTC members. If you have a membership at another museum, check your member card for an ASTC logo. You can get in free at the Science Center!
- 21+ night and other special events have discounts for reserving ahead or for reserving under your membership.
- Once a year, there is a free RAD day for free admission for all ages. No limit! Read about it here.
- For more discounts and special offers, make sure to sign up on Carnegie Science Center’s email list and follow them on social media.
I hope these Carnegie Science Center coupons and discounts will help you plan a great trip to the Science Center, while saving you money!
If you liked these tips, consider following my on Twitter. I share deals like this all the time!