Everyone knows travel can be both exhilarating and debilitating. Aim for the best experience possible with this list of apps that make travel easy. From preplanning, to saving money, to navigation and more. I’ve got you covered!
Before you go
- RoadTrippers – This is by far my favorite app. You can find places to visit in a specific area or along your driving route. Cool things like Film Locations, Scenic Points, and Street Art in addition to the usual museums, restaurants and hotels.
- Hotel Tonight – Get a last minute deal on a nice hotel. Or if you want to plan a lot further ahead, just the Priceline app will fit the bill. Err.. budget.
- CityMaps2Go – Download a map of your tourist destination ahead of time.
- PackPoint – A packing list app that helps you plan what to bring in accordance with your trip.
- TripIt – Keep track of your trip itinerary.
- Jet Lag Rooster – This will help you adjust to and prevent jet lag.
- TV Food Maps – Find places to eat that have been featured on TV.
While you’re there
- Dude Where’s My Car – Never forget where you parked again. Great when you’re in unfamiliar territory.
- Track My Tour – Invite your loved ones to follow you on your travel journey, live.
- iTranslate – For when you’re faced with language barriers, this app comes to the rescue.
- Vayable – Per the app description “Discover and book unique experiences offered by local insiders.” These tours sound way cooler than anything I’ve seen before. Like food tours with professional food critics!
- Currency Converter – Make sure you’re getting a good exchange rate while you’re out and about.
- WiFi Finder – Find free wifi hotspots near you anywhere in the world.
- Panoramio – Make your Instagram feed shine by discovering great photo taking opportunities near you.
- GasBuddy – Find the lowest gas prices near you.
- Word Lens – For those moments when you have a menu in a language you’re unfamiliar with and a waiter who can’t translate.
- iExit – Just for road trips, this app will tell you what’s available at the next exit.
- Jauntlet – Update your social networks like normal and it will create a microblog of your journey.
- Places I’ve Traveled – Showcase your travels over the years.
Your turn! Do you use any apps that make travel easy? Let me know in the comments.
Have a travel tip or a blog post to share? Link it up below!
smiling notesMarch 6, 2016 at 7:58 pm
These are some awesome apps! Thanks a lot for sharing. Pinned!! xoxo
Beth Barsness (vacation coffee)March 5, 2016 at 9:21 pm
Thank you for this great list – just downloaded RoadTripper and can’t wait to try it out.
Trip Splitter is one of my favorites for traveling with friends or groups. It keeps track of all travel expenses and then divides up the cost by who is paying for what and how it’s split up. It’s magical! Only one person should input all expenses.
Love your blog – glad I discovered it!
RachaelMarch 5, 2016 at 10:33 am
Thanks for sharing these great travel tips! We love to travel, and remembering where you parked is a really good tip. One I have had trouble with before!
TamiMarch 3, 2016 at 12:30 am
We will be traveling soon! I’m glad to have found this list of apps. It will make the road trip go so much smoother.
Heather JohnsonMarch 1, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Google Maps is my go to app while traveling. I love that the app helps me use public transit in NYC.
ScottMarch 1, 2016 at 5:47 pm
We’ve used TV Food Maps a couple of times. Most recently in Chicago to visit a diner that brings your food to you on a model train!