The dinner and a movie routine can get old fast. Unless you are both pop culture aficionados and that’s your thing. Even if it is your thing, I think it’s safe to say that a few new date ideas won’t hurt. Right?
- Go on a sleigh ride. Many cities and towns have free or very affordable carriage rides on the weekends in December.
- Take a walk. Pack a thermos of hot chocolate and bundle up for a walk in the brisk weather.
- Watch a hockey game. Either on tv or live. High school and college games will be cheaper than NHL 😉
- Go ice skating
- Stay inside and “conspire by the fire.”
- Go snowshoeing. You can rent them!
- Have a movie marathon. Keep the winter theme and pack in movies like Cool Runnings, The Mighty Ducks etc.
- Go skiing. Or if you’re like us, just ride the ski lift a few times. There are actually places that do ski lift rides just for the ride.
- Paint together. Head to a painting event at a local place and paint the town. Err.. canvas.
- Go sledding! Keep an eye for ideal hills all year, then when the snow hits, go for it.
- Take a cooking class together. They will often be themed for the time of year.
- Go to a coffee shop that’s new to you and try a new brew. Take along a deck of Playing Cards and stay awhile.
- Build a snowman. Look up some ideas first on Pinterest for inspiration.
- Toast some marshmallows over the fire. No fireplace? Make smores instead.
- Master the perfect peppermint mocha at home. Look up some recipes and gather the ingredients.
- Go to a festival. Check your local community calendar for festivities in the area.
- Volunteer together. There are lots of organizations serving the community in special ways this time of year. You could wrap gifts, ring a bell, cook, etc.
- Go to the zoo. Many of them will have special activities going on. Plus if it’s cold, there won’t be many people but you may catch glimpses of things you’d miss in warmer in weather.
- Practice your photography skills. Capture snowmen, icicles, Christmas lights etc.
- Take a drive. Go on the hunt for holiday light displays.
- Make a Gingerbread House or bake cookies.
- Create a winter bucket list.
- Make or sign Christmas Cards
- Play board games inside. How about a game of Don’t Break the Ice?
- Have a snowball fight!
cjester66August 8, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Take a dance class together. Swing, Salsa, Ballroom, whatever. Dinner and dancing makes for a great date night!
ChrisDecember 30, 2015 at 10:45 pm
Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday!
Rachel MoutonDecember 17, 2015 at 6:19 am
These are great ideas! Thanks so much 🙂
Anna C.December 17, 2015 at 4:17 am
Movies marathon is for sure my favorite! 😀
Love the ideas that you gave, I have to try some of those!
Marissa D (@Reading_List1)December 16, 2015 at 2:00 pm
We have loved movie marathon date nights! Thanks for sharing with The Cozy Reading Spot
Kara @ Money Saving MavenDecember 16, 2015 at 10:53 am
I like the idea of taking a cooking class together!
RoseyDecember 15, 2015 at 5:21 am
Snowball fights are always fun. I like the idea of a movie marathon too.
NutiMedDecember 15, 2015 at 5:01 am
Thanks for sharing!
JeanineDecember 14, 2015 at 7:18 pm
So many great ideas. With so many kids we don’t get to do dates out of the house often. These could be fun!
Ickle PickleDecember 14, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Some lovely ideas – a great list for couples. I just need a date now! Kaz x
Victoria SconionDecember 14, 2015 at 12:22 pm
Love these ideas. Normally I don’t like going out during the winter time because of the cold weather, but since its been so warm lately we have gone out more not just alone, but as a family too.
Liz MaysDecember 14, 2015 at 9:12 am
These are such refreshing date ideas! I’m going to try a few of them myself. Thank you!
dIncontriDecember 14, 2015 at 8:39 am
Fine ideas. Thank you
Nicole EscatDecember 14, 2015 at 8:13 am
These are great ideas and perfect for winter season, I’m sure my husband would love all of these
victoriaDecember 14, 2015 at 8:02 am
I love this ideas its so romantic. I wish my hubby was asking me for a date
Mardene CarrDecember 14, 2015 at 4:58 am
I had to smile because you are so right…mix it up is what I say….and for those who are too lazy well no more excuses
Elizabeth O.December 14, 2015 at 2:49 am
How sweet and romantic! Date night at winter will definitely keep your days warm. Thanks for sharing!
Angie ScheieDecember 13, 2015 at 7:40 pm
I love all of these! We just tried to master the peppermint mocha last week. It was pretty good too!
angieDecember 13, 2015 at 7:00 pm
awesome ideas, when winter is here the ideas for dates seems to be limited I love your list and plan on borrowing a few soon
MinDecember 13, 2015 at 5:20 pm
Lovely ideas. Shame I have no one to go on a date with!
michelleDecember 13, 2015 at 4:37 pm
i love that these ideas range from romantic dates to dates that have you giving. I would love to have a date where we volunteer
MyTeenGuideDecember 13, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Who says you have to spend so much to have a great date night? There are so many things you can do together. I love your suggestions.
ClaireDecember 13, 2015 at 12:42 pm
These are great date ideas for those in a relationship 🙂 I love the cooking class idea x