People travel all the time.
Travel is lovely.
Travel is expensive.
Here are 25 ways to travel for free.
Volunteering in order to travel:
- Wwoof – Get free room and board for working on a farm.
- Peace Corps.– 2 year travel opportunity abroad.
- Global Giving – volunteer for a variety of programs.
- United Nations volunteer program
- Couch Surf – stay for free in homes in areas of interest to you
- Global Freeloader – you’ll also have to host travelers in return
- Servas Internation volunteer program
- Hospitality Club – cultural exchange program
- Americorps – volunteer and earn a stipend or get free room and board.
(more below)Let's go! 25 ways to #TravelTheWorld for free! #LetsGoEverywhere #TravelAddict Click To Tweet
Other cheap options for traveling:
- Become a tour guide. Organize trips for other groups and be the tour leader. You’ll get paid to travel 😉
- Become a house sitter and care for houses in areas you’d like to travel to.
- Work as crew on a cruise line.
- Relocate vehicles. Many travel cross country.
- Work for a room. Hostels often offer opportunities to work in exchange for a free place to stay.
- Swap houses.
- Work Seasonal at a ski resort. Just imagine a picturesque resort in the mountains…
- Teach English as a second language in another country
- Work as a nanny in a location you’d like to travel to
- Hitchhike, probably not the safest option.
- Go human powered. Bike/walk/run across the country.
- Work at summer camp. They’re all across the states and also in other countries too!
- Enter contests, you never know what you could win.
- Get free flights by cashing in on credit card deals
- Be a secret shopper or reviewer. You’ll get to check out travel locations in exchange for your review.