- Join the mailing list. Call 1-800-756-5005 every new season to make sure you’re added to this list. This is how you will get “free travel size item” coupons and “free signature size item with $10 purchase” coupons.
- Give them your info. Yes, it can annoying to always give your cell number and email address every time you check out, even if you’re getting free stuff… but you want more free stuff, right? So when the cashier asks for it, fork it over!
- Check your receipts. Gone shopping recently, check the bottom of your receipt. You’ll find a $10 off your next $30 coupon code at the bottom!
- Survey says… Take the surveys! If there isn’t a code at the bottom of your receipt, take the survey and you’ll get a coupon code to call your own 😉
- Network. Yeah, not everyone has a Facebook account, but if you’re at interested in saving money, you should get one. Even if it’s just for the coupons. Bath and Body Works will often post discount codes on their social media pages. Follow and like them to never miss a hot deal.
- In Store Offers. Have you ever seen offers like “free bag with purchase?” These are great because you can use a coupon on top of the in store offer!
- Wait for it. If you wait for the Semi-Annual Sale Event, you can really rack up the savings. These special sales happen in January and June. There will be items for 75% off, plus you can use your $10 off $30 coupons on these items!
- Join the Black Friday craze. Usually Bath and Body Works will offer a VIP bag for $20 with a $40 purchase. Why would you want to spend another $20? Well, each of these bags is stuffed with over $100 worth of merchandise and well worth that $20 price tag.
- Save expired coupons. What? Did I just say that? Why yes, I did! There is a 3 day grace period offered by Bath and Body Works! Forget to use that $10 off $30 coupon? Just ask nicely and they will honor it. Bath and Body Works is great at customer service.
- Check online for codes. Sites like RetailMeNot.com are great sources for coupon codes if you plan to do your shopping online.
- Check for clearance. You can often find a shelf of clearance items for 50%, 75% and I’ve even seen 90% off! Just look around until you find it and stack with coupons.
Using these tips I was able to score a pretty good deal last night at Bath and Body Works. I spent $13.xx and got:
- Wallflowers 2 pack in Moonlit Path
- Wallflowers 2 pack in Japanese Cherry Blossom
- Travel size shower gel in Moonlit Path
- Signature size shower gel in Moonlit Path
That’s 4 items (6 if you want to count the wallflowers individually) for $13 and change, or $3.25 per item ($2.16). Pretty good deal when the retail price was $42.50.
So how did I do it? I did two separate transactions. The first transaction was for my free travel size item. I got this coupon in the mail by joining the mailing list. My second transaction was for the 2 wallflowers and signature size item. The wallflowers were each on clearance for 50% off, so $6.25 for 2 or $3.12 per bulb. The Signature item was free with a coupon I got in the mail for “free signature item with $10 purchase.” So like a true penny pincher, I opted to spend my $10 on clearance items that we actually needed. Plus I earned a $10 off $30 coupon on my receipt and gave my contact info for the mailing list to hopefully get other offers.
Pretty great deal! I saved just over 60% off!
What is your favorite Bath and Body Works fragrance? I go back and forth with the seasons.