Did you know you can penny shop at Dollar General? It isn’t for the faint of heart!
Look at what I found the last time I went penny shopping at Dollar General.
How to do it? Looks at the item’s tags or the descriptions I have for you below. Look in the store. Don’t ask for the penny items, they don’t know where they are. All penny items are supposed to be removed before they penny out, but sometimes things get left behind. So be prepared to do your due diligence. Look everywhere and keep things tidy. You don’t want to be that person that comes in the store and leaves it a mess. Why would that even be an option?
I haven’t penny shopped since March. You can see what I found here. But I’ve scoured the internet to find the latest penny deals. Check my last two posts for more. But mind you, sometimes the tags reset.
If the item you thought was a penny item turns out to not be, kindly let the cashier know you don’t want the item. Or buy it. It’s up to you! But be nice.
Ok, rant done. Ready for some penny items? Here’s the latest Dollar General penny items for December.
- Here are some other posts you may find helpful:
*How to penny shop at DG
*November penny list
Dollar General Penny Items For December
- Back to school items are 90% off, not a penny, but pretty darn cheap! Look for the following
- diamond cut pen
- Papermate 4 count mechanical pencil
- 6 count classic paint pots
- 24 count mechanical pencils
- lunch bags
- lunch tote
- licensed lunch box
- Igloo lunch tote
- Cool Gear lunch sacks
- upscale lunch kits
- students fashion planner
- 76 page student planner
- 12 inch locker shelf
- tin pencil box
- zipper binder
- binder pocket
- Lisa Frank’s doodle and display
- Lisa Frank’s diary
- Lisa Frank’s stationary set
- fashion pencil pouch
- Harvest items are 70% off – there are some super cute owls I saw ringing for 60 cents!
- Red Dot Home and Red Dot back to school items are a penny!
- Halloween is 90% off if you can find any
- Lawn & garden is pennied
- Swim and summer is pennied
- Green dot home is pennied
- Yellow dot apparel is pennied (excluding shoes)
- Yellow dot and pink tagged “must have” shoes are pennied (but not flip flops)
- White dot clothing is pennied but ONLY these:
- yoga pants in plus sizes, regular price $14 or $12.50
- stretch denim plus size, regular price $15
- men’s camo, regular price $15 or $12.50
- women’s dresses, reglar price $15
- Yellow dot toys are a penny (excluding Dora and MegaBlocks)
- Blue Star F11 toys are a penny (excluding big box toys)
- Yellow star F12 toys are a penny
- Blue dot F09 infant toys and Ben 10 action figures are a penny
- Penny washcloths have one of the following tags: purple dot S15, brown dot F14, green dot S14, red dot S14, no dot S14, F14 on back 18pk, or be wrapped in white ribbon with brown dots.
Did you find any Dollar General penny items for December? Let me know what you found in the comments!
AmandaFebruary 7, 2016 at 7:15 pm
White Dot clothing in Plus Size YOGA & STRETCH DEMIN have reset.. ????
I’d stumbled across a slew of them and knew someone that could have used them. .. They all rang as full price.
Just a head’s up for anyone that may run across the same thing. ????????
Tammie CreasonJanuary 25, 2016 at 9:12 am
I love this,with 10 grand kids and a large family it helps me save. God bless!
MaryJanuary 18, 2016 at 11:08 am
Yes i love to save
FeliciaDecember 23, 2015 at 3:11 am
Hey Jenn used your list today found 7 pennied out items went to another DG and found stuff that wasn’t even in there system anymore what happens in that situation if I’m not supposed to tell them about penny items…
JennDecember 24, 2015 at 12:45 pm
Wow! I haven’t found anything like that. But I guess it can happen. I’d apologize for the inconvenience and see what they offer. They might sell it to you for a penny (if they know about pennying things), or they might sell you it at a discounted price. Possibly even full price. I’ve honestly no clue! But it sounds like you are great at the hunt!!
CassieDecember 21, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Yellow dot clothes are not pennied here in Cocoa, Florida. They are S16 here.
AmandaFebruary 7, 2016 at 7:01 pm
The only yellow, blue, grey & pink dots that I’ve found to be a penny are S13, S14, F13 & F14.
S16 would be Spring & Summer of this year, meaning they’re new items.
The only penny items you’ll find (from what I’ve read on this blog and seen myself) are the ones with previous years, excluding ’15. Once ’15 items are placed on clearance, we don’t have to worry about those at all…YET…
It will be AFTER the clearance is over that they’ll become a penny.
Hope that helps ????
Betty HendrickDecember 18, 2015 at 11:19 am
I love to save. Especially for school items and for my home. Thank you.